Monday, March 19, 2012

My Top 5 Natural Beauty Products

Ever since I got a staph infection about 3 years ago I've had to change how I eat and my skin has become a lot more sensitive. Here are my top 5 natural beauty products that I use on a regular basis:

1) Korres Deep Colour Mascara
This mascara contains Provitamin B5 and Rice Bran and is free of lots of the gross stuff that ends up in mascara: petrochemicals, GMOs and synthetic dyes. I'm sure there are better lengthening mascaras out there but this works well and doesn't hurt my eyes.

2) Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream
This cream is not for everyone but its great for super dry skin. I pile this stuff on my face at night and go to bed looking like a greasy monkey but wake up with soft skin. The cream has a pretty rose smell and it does come in a lighter version.

3) Butter London Nail Polish
A little pricey for nail polish but amazing colors that are free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP or Parabens. Plus, I'm a sucker for good nail polish names like - Come to Bed Red, Disco Biscuit, Frilly Knickers (brownie points if you read it with a British accent) and Tramp Stamp.

4) Basq Resilient Body Oil - Lavender Pear
My good friend Tonya gave this to me as a birthday gift and I've been rubbing it on my belly for good luck and NO stretch marks every night. It also makes a great massage oil, the smell is really light and soothing.

5) California Baby - Calendula Cream
This is my all over body lotion I use everyday when I get out of the shower. Again, very thick and most people would probably like the lotion better but my sad, dry skin loves this stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Have you had issues with your eyelashes falling out in the past? That is a big problem with me and totally going to try this mascara...fingers crossed it helps!!

    ReplyDelete