Monday, June 18, 2012

T & L's Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Trolls

Whoever decided to combine peanut butter and chocolate is a genius! Below is a recipe from my girlfriends Tonya & Liz. Tonya brought them to my baby shower this past weekend and I actually put a few in my purse because I was afraid I'd miss out! Its totally normal to hide cookies in your purse right? (I've included the egg free option if you want it).

Ingredients:
1 1/4 C. all purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 C. chunky peanut butter at room temperature (The key is to use natural peanut butter...should only have peanuts and salt as the ingredients. Regular peanut butter will make them too oily and runny!)
3/4 C. sugar
1/2 C. packed brown sugar
1 large egg at room temperature (or for egg free, 3 tbsp of applesauce)
1 tablespoon milk (regular or almond milk is tasty too)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips (I use half semisweet and half milk chocolate...Guittard brand is the best)

Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside
- In a mixer, beat the butter and peanut butter together until they are fluffy. Add the sugars and beat until smooth
- Add egg (or applesauce) and mix well. Add milk and vanilla and mix well
- Add the flour mixture and beat together
- Stir in the chips
- Round the dough into balls and put on ungreased cookie sheets
- Bake for 8 minutes...they will look underbaked, but take them out!

2 comments:

  1. HURRAY! Thanks for sharing, pulling butter out of the fridge now : )

    Glad you had such a wonderful shower, you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. T, these were so delicious!! I am glad I was able to "test them" the night before the shower to make sure they weren't bad. Thanks for sharing the recipe Deuce! I might need to wait until after October to make these. I don't think I trust myself with a whole batch :)

    ReplyDelete