Sunday, March 25, 2012

Would you like a spot of tea?

Source: flickr.com via Megan on Pinterest
As I think about our new life with baby W I get excited and nervous about a lot of things. One thing I've been thinking about lately is passing down some of my favorite belongings. If its a girl, my mom's pearl necklace given to me on my wedding day, an LV clutch I saved my pennies to buy in college and a recent obsession - my teacup collection.


My friend Erin & I started a teacup collection a few years back. Every year for a birthday and/or Christmas we give each other one unique teacup, new or antique. Our mothers have also joined in giving us antique teacups from their own collections. Plus, today my mother-in-law gave me 4 gorgeous hand painted teacups that belonged to John's great grandmother.

Believe me, I'm fully aware that I need to have a baby first to actually pass something down to them, also teacups will probably be pretty lame in 2033 but hey, here's to wishful thinking.

[Extra points if you automatically read this post header with a British accent]

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to be a part of your inner circle of teacup collectors. It's a wonderful tradition to be able to pass down to your soon-to-be future teacup collector!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your writing style. Your blog is a very fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Aunt Ellen also has a (small) teacup collection, no idea who she plans to pass it on to...maybe her grand daughter Kelsey?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy! I have an antique teacup collection - started with my grandma - she gave me a new one each year for my birthday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so fun and gives me faith that if I have a girl she MIGHT actually want my teacups one day. Let's have tea party sometime soon!

      Delete