|How cute is this little guy? He makes it all worth it.|
Unfortunately Jake has acid reflux and won't take a bottle yet so I have to breast feed him every 2-3 hours which really limits what I can do. So it made me think about all the little things I took for granted pre-baby. Here is a small portion of a very long list:
- First and not so little... I'm missing one of my best friend's weddings this weekend. Wish I could be in Austin right now celebrating with the bride, Erin Dial, soon to be Peters!
- Long showers
- Wearing a regular bra
- The mall
- Monthly massage at Massage Envy
- Hair salon, I'm rockin' some major dark roots right now
- Sleeping in on the weekend, lets be honest, sleeping in general
- Cocktails & happy hour, I'm not usually a whiskey drinker but I'm dreaming of an Eastern Prospector from one of my favorite SD spots, Craft & Commerce. John befriended one of the bartenders and has mastered the recipe. See below.
Eastern Prospector cocktail recipe:
- 7-9 orange spice tea bags*
- rind of a full orange
- handle of a decent bourbon
* Orange spice tea is sometimes hard to find, so a few orange and a few spice tea bags works too.
Pour bourbon into a big pitcher. Soak tea bags and orange rind in bourbon for 2 hours. Stir every 15 minutes (I promise its worth it). Pour bourbon back into the bottle.
Ingredients for cocktail:
- 2 ounces orange spice tea infused bourbon
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup or agave nectar
- coupe dashes of bitters
- garnish with orange peel
In a shaker mix bourbon, lemon juice, syrup and bitters with lots of ice. Shake the crap out of it. Pour into glasses. Garnish with the orange peel. Send me a thank you card.