Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My Go-To Summer Dip

I've seen many variations of this bean dip. My friend Laura likes to grill the corn, my father in law adds big chunks of garlic and I add lots of avocado and a little bit of honey. Honestly I think I need to have a honey intervention. I put it on my tacos, pepperoni pizza and now in my bean dip... I have issues.

Anyhoo - here is the recipe:

1 can of black beans, drained & rinsed
1 can of diced tomatoes, drained
1 can of sweet corn in water, drained
Big handful of fresh cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 clove of garlic, minced
Big handful of cilantro, chopped
1/2 -1 red onion, diced
2 limes, squeezed
Salt to taste

Other add ons:
- 1 avocado, diced (I would do this on individual servings so it doesn't go bad in your big batch)
- Replace can of corn with 2 grilled ears of corn, then cut off corn into dip
- Few drizzles of honey :)

Basically mix all of these tasty things in a bowl, add or remove based on what you like. You can make a big batch and eat it with tortilla chips, over rice, use it as a side dish or put it on fish. Light, colorful & tas-tay.






No comments:

Post a Comment