Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Megan's Mustard Salad

I know... weird name but if you love mustard as much as I do you will love this salad. I got the idea from my friend Tonya who sometimes adds a dollop of Dijon mustard to this salad. So I thought why not add some good grainy mustard too. Below is the rough recipe:

Ingredients:
- A few handfuls of arugula
- 2 slices of a nutty or cheesy bread, toasted & cut into crouton size squares
- 1 ripe pear or apple, diced
- 2 slices of turkey bacon or regular bacon, cooked till crispy and torn into small pieces

Salad dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Big dollop of whole grain mustard
- Big dollop of Dijon mustard

Add all salad ingredients in a big bowl. Whisk together all salad dressing ingredients in separate small bowl, then toss into salad. Easy peesy.




No comments:

Post a Comment