Thursday, May 31, 2012

Clayton the Cucumber

We are halfway through week 26 and getting close to the 3rd trimester and I'm definitely starting to feel it! I think I officially have the "pregnant lady waddle" and lots of new aches & pains. Also, how the hell am I supposed to get around this big ole belly to shave my legs?!  

Anyway, this week in honor of my uncle, we have little Clayton the Cucumber. Babycenter.com says:

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. 

PS - Congrats to high school and college graduates! Baz Luhrmann's famous song/speech was on the radio this morning and it really brought me back to my HS graduation in 1999.

No comments:

Post a Comment