One of my best friends from college, Jen, is in town through tomorrow. She lives in Dallas so we don't get to see each other very often but when we do, we rehash crazy Megan/Jen adventures and laugh hysterically and it feels like no time has passed.
It was a gorgeous weekend so we spent a lot of time outside. Here are some highlights:
- Bonfire on the beach to celebrate our friend Emily's birthday
- Dinner & good conversation at Leroy's
- Ate way too much See's candy for dessert
- Starbucks run and suckered into trying their fancy new Evolution juices. Warning: Essential Vegetable tasted like beets in a bottle (gross), Sweet Greens is okay but sorta like drinking sprouts and Orange Carrot Mango is a winner.
- Then off to the Hotel Del Coronado to people watch and get burnt in random places - Jen's poor forehead and my Rudolph-esque nose.
- Shopping in La Jolla and fell in love with Bardot ice cream bars
- A great dinner at one of our favorites Barrio Star
- Ended the night at Imperial House for cocktails & mocktails. This place is straight out of Anchor Man with high back booths and nightly musical entertainment by keyboard player Rick Lyon. I swear all this place needs is Ron Burgundy playing the jazz flute and it would be perfect.
- In our pjs till noon watching the intense Wimbledon final between Federer and Murray. Andy Murray gave a heartfelt speech. It kind've makes me want to rent the movie Wimbledon.
- Then mani/pedis with my new favorite nail polish love all the vibrant colors, especially DayTripper
- Lunch at Tender Greens
- Ended the day with some quality time with some of my favorite girls in Coronado at concert in the park: Jen, Laura and Tonya.