Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Oodles of Arugula

Whole Foods - Corn & Arugula Salad
My appetite and cravings are all over the place. Mainly because my stomach just feels so big and full all time its hard to think about fitting a meal in there as well! So I've been trying to eat smaller meals and force down some leafy greens. I haven't really been into spinach lately so arugula has become a good replacement.

Here are a few tasty arugula recipes worth trying:



Whole Foods Corn & Arugula Salad
I'm too lazy to make this myself so I buy a tub of it at Whole Foods often (including today for lunch) but it would be pretty easy to recreate.

Siri's Arugula & Endive Salad with Lemon Dressing
I made this last week and the toasted pinenuts and hearts of palm give it great flavor

Melon, Prosciutto and Arugula
Love this salty sweet combo... I had it for the first time in Italy last summer. Put it on a cracker, pizza or make bite size kabobs on a toothpick.

Grilled Peach Salad With Buffalo Mozzarella & Arugula
I really want to try this recipe I found on Pinterest. I love grilled peaches (especially with ice cream) and I think this will be a good way to trick me into eating more leafy greens!




3 comments:

  1. Mike's favorite Arugula dish - and so easy to make.

    Plate the arugula. Put as many cherry tomatoes as desired. Sprinkle shaved parm. Squeeze fresh lemons on top. Few spritz' of white truffle oil (optional). Pepper and sea salt to taste. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allison! That sounds so good... I LOVE truffle oil too, definitely making that salad soon! Hope all is well. xo, Meg

      Delete
  2. Arugula is my answer to all side dishes. Love/crave it.

    ReplyDelete