Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Holy Moly 38+ weeks!


I know it sounds weird but I seriously didn't realize I was THIS big until John took this photo! We both just stared at it for awhile & laughed. Then I hit him for laughing. Then I continued to laugh. Are you kidding me? No wonder I have one crazy cankle and strange baby psychics approaching me, I'm like a circus act.

Anyway, doctor's appt went well this week. I'm 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced so I think we're on the right track.

Babycenter.com says - Our baby has really plumped up (that's an understatement). He weighs about 6.8 pounds and he's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

PS - Like my new necklace? It's David Aubrey, there was a sale on Gilt Groupe and I rationalized this impulse buy because it will dress up the same 5 maxi dresses I wear everyday.

2 comments: