Monday, August 12, 2013

Caprese Kabobs

I brought some tasty food to my friend Erin's baby shower this past weekend. My mom was in town and she made her staple fudge with sea salt as well as puppy chow (aka muddy buddies or candy crack). I also brought this addicting half cheesy, half caramel popcorn I found at Costco (only half the bag made it to the shower, oops).

Then, the morning of the shower I whipped up these caprese kabobs:

Ingredients:
- 2 buckets of TJs marinated mozzarella balls (looks like this)
- 2-3 baskets of cherry or grape tomatoes, rinsed
- A handful of fresh basil, rinsed and torn into smallish pieces
- Bamboo kabob sticks (most grocery stores have them hidden somewhere so just ask)
- TJ's balsamic glaze (optional)

Instructions:
Pour mozz balls with olive oil mixture into a big bowl. Add tomatoes and mix to coat tomatoes. Note: If you can't get the TJ's mozz balls add olive oil, salt, pepper, other Italian spices and mix. Tear off small pieces of basil leaves. Start kabobing! I like to do 2 tomatoes, basil, 1 mozz ball, 2 tomatoes, basil, 1 mozz ball, 2 tomatoes. I then either drizzle the balsamic glaze over the kabobs (a little messy) or just have a small dish of it with a spoon next to the kabobs for guests to help themselves.

PS - How amazing do these Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs look?


No comments:

Post a Comment