Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Summer Bookworm

I feel like the next couple weeks is the calm before the storm and I'm hoping to squeeze in a few good reads. So I've picked back up - Happiest Baby on the Block with a goal to get through it before the baby arrives. But... I'm also looking to balance it out with a no-brainer/end of the summer book and I've narrowed it down to these four:

Gone Girl
I've heard mixed reviews on this book and might be a little too dark for my taste but there is so much buzz about the characters, the end and making it into a movie I think have to read it.

The Rook
This book caught my interest because the review I read said the main character is like a love child between Jason Bourne and Buffy the Vampire Slayer who went to Hogwarts and before interning at MI6. Hooked right?

I Suck at Girls
This one is a maybe but it sounds like a funny yet awkward rom-com type book. I'm also debating reading his first book, that reviews said was a big hit last year - Sh*t My Dad Says.

Cinder
I'm not ashamed to admit I like a young adult page-turner (i.e. Harry Potter, Twilight and Hunger Games) and from the reviews this book might stack up to those popular reads. Yet a futuristic cyborg Cinderella? May sound stupid but... I did say the same thing when I first heard Twilight was about a girl in love with a vampire and a werewolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment