Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer Spirits

I love a good summer drink. It needs to be really cold, refreshing & a little sweet. This is what I'm drinking as the weather warms up:

- The Jackie

My husband John has me hooked on bourbon and this cocktail is basically Jake Daniels and Ginger Ale but I add a squeeze of lemon and a few drops of bitters. Ahhhh, a tasty little night cap.

- Easter Prospector

Warning this cocktail goes down way too easy. A bartender at one of our favorite San Diego spots gave us this recipe. There is a little extra prep but the combination of the orange spice bourbon, lemon and agave nectar makes this drink a summer favorite.

- The Paloma

We went to a summer wedding in Mexico City a few years ago and all the women were drinking this salty/sweet drink. It includes tequila, grapfruit soda with a salted rim. I added frozen raspberries and won Mrs Lilien's cocktail contest! See the recipe in her post here.

- Summer Wine

Currently loving clean & crisp (whatever that means) wine like:
Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc
Bonterra Chardonnay ($10 at Trader Joes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment